Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2]  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) any interest in a bike lift table? (Read 2487 times)
Justin B.
YaBB Administrator

I love my Beemers

Re: any interest in a bike lift table?
Reply #15 - 03/20/07 at 12:37:54
Post Tools
Harbor Freight now has an air powered one as well, but I don't think I'll put the foot pedal operated one out to pasture yet...  But, I just gotta do something with that 15% off coupon I got in the mail today, milling machine?  Grin

Justin B.

2004 BMW R1150RT
1981 R100RT - Summer bike, NEKKID!!!
IP Logged

Rob Valdez 79 R65

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #16 - 03/21/07 at 03:40:11
Post Tools
Quote:
milling machine?  Grin

Do you live in a warehouse, Justin???  Shocked

IP Logged

Jon P
Ex Member

Reply #17 - 03/21/07 at 08:06:28
Post Tools
someday when i grown up like justin i will get some of those fancy store bought toys like him. i am going to put  up a new pole shed and then i will have enough room for such things and maybe a couple more bikes.

IP Logged

Justin B.
YaBB Administrator

I love my Beemers

Reply #18 - 03/21/07 at 10:18:54
Post Tools
No, I have a small (20x24) shop behind the house that is rapidly approaching the point where I can't safely walk from one end to the other in the dark...

Justin B.

2004 BMW R1150RT
1981 R100RT - Summer bike, NEKKID!!!
IP Logged

fixer
Ex Member

Reply #19 - 03/24/07 at 04:37:11
Post Tools
Quote:
Hmmmm, wonder if that jack handle on the el cheapo comes off, that sucker sticking up in the way might be a deciding factor... 

on all the similar lifts i've seen, the handles are removable.

Pep Boys, Autozone, Checker, etc. all carry something similar, and they are OFTEN on sale for about $50 and change.

some bikes with frames that are not level onthe bottom need some lumber to help level things out. bikes with full fairings or headers below the level of the frame can complicate things too.

i was planning on getting the aluminum one from HF, even if it's almost three times the price of the cheapies, it just looks like a better built unit, however, my local HF doesn't have them in stock right now. nice to see they are still cataloged tho.

IP Logged

mkocal
Ex Member

Reply #20 - 08/24/07 at 21:50:01
Post Tools
NH,

You have mentioned a Sears lift table. Some time ago I purchased a lift sold by Canadian Tire that looked identical to the Sears one pictured. I returned it as I could never figure out how to avoid lifting on the exhaust system. You mention using wood blocks but the frame seems too close. Can I ask you to elucidate? I'm pretty sure I have missed something quite elementary.
MK

IP Logged

nhmaf
Global Moderator

Free at last, Free at
last!

Reply #21 - 10/11/07 at 23:01:51
Post Tools
I've got one of the smaller, portable Sears Craftsman bike lifts.  It works pretty well, though
isn't a stable as one of these large tables.   The Sears portable works well though, but you do need to make sure
you have the bike strapped on and reasonably well balanced on the lift, and sometimes one needs to
insert some blocks or items to get proper lifting points.   Until I renovate our small barn (once a stable for
pony) and put in a proper door and ramp, I won't be able to use it as my motorcycle haven, where I could
put an item as large as one of these tables.

I will see if I have any photos of the bike on the lift and post within the next few days if I do.
A picture is worth more words than I can usually type !

Airhead #12178   BMWMOA #123173  BMWRA #33525  GSBMWR #563  1982 BMW R65LS  1978 BMW R100/7 1998 Kawasaki Concours

IP Logged

Rob Valdez 79 R65

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #22 - 10/16/07 at 19:33:23
Post Tools
I want to see a picture of your pony barn in a New England Autumn!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Send TopicPrint