Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Sprucing up the old R65... (Read 4992 times)
BPT

I Love YaBB 2!

Re: Sprucing up the old R65...
Reply #135 - 08/15/17 at 07:40:24
Post Tools
I am both jealous and ashamed at how nice and clean and shiny it is.  Maybe you can use your downtime to just stare at how nice it looks!

Now I will put my head down and go to the garage and search for my degreaser.......

1983 R65 w/ Velorex 562 Sidecar

IP Logged

Adrian

The Old Hairy Biker Sez...

Reply #136 - 08/15/17 at 20:31:21
Post Tools
Lol lol BPT - it has taken an enormous amount of money - and untold hours of elbow grease on my part - to get it to this stage so far.
I have to admit that I'm at my happiest when I in the shed tinkering away. The downside is that it's in a friend's garage so I can't just walk out of my door and go faff about with it. But I am lucky that my friends let me take over half there garage space to do the work.
I'll get there eventually - if I could gave a good week health wise I could get it mostly finished. I'm hanging out for the sunshine and heat to return 😊😉🙃

R65 1984

IP Logged

Adrian

Reply #137 - 08/15/17 at 20:33:39
Post Tools
Yep your absolutely right Justin - but I only have the seat to get rebuild now. Maybe $200 Aussie and that should be it.
Of course I might be being optimistic lol lol

R65 1984

IP Logged

BPT

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #138 - 08/16/17 at 11:36:46
Post Tools
I'm with you, Adrian. I don't have a garage at the moment so I usually go to my parents' place as they have a large, clean one. But that means I have to do projects a little at a time so I don't end up having to leave it.  They're about 20 minutes drive away so not super far. But, like you, I can't just go back and forth too easily if I wanted to leave it.

But if you think you've only got a couple of weeks work to go, I'd say you're in the home stretch. Almost there.......  .!

1983 R65 w/ Velorex 562 Sidecar

IP Logged

Adrian

Reply #139 - 08/16/17 at 21:31:16
Post Tools
At least I get to leave mine in one place BPT. 
So to get mine finished I just need my disabilities to go away lol lol lol. As soon as it warms up I should be able to get stuck in again.
I did some work on it yesterday - I fitted new mudflaps having made some mounts for them. But last night and today I'm paying the price hahaha It was fun though so I don't mind the problems it can cause.
Once I get something substantial done - putting the motor back in us next - once I've replaced the electronic trigger unit  in the "bean can" and cleaned up the alternator with some isopropyl alcohol - then there will be more pictures.
So near yet so far lol lol lol

R65 1984

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 
Send TopicPrint