Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Specs for a new 82 single caliper R65 brake line (Read 360 times)
mqf
Ex Member

Specs for a new 82 single caliper R65 brake line
07/06/14 at 19:50:08
Post Tools
This posting is on how to get a new brake line for the no longer available 82-85 single caliper USA R65 brake lines . Before ordering one like this you should measure your old one and add a little extra length since the old one will not straighten fully. If its about 33 inches and looks like this photo then this is the right one This is with the handlebar master cylinder that does not have a banjo fitting.

I recently bought an 83 R65. The bike is stock and has a single front Brembo brake caliper. I rebuilt the front caliper and decided that the original brake line had to go but it seems that noone sells the line for the 82-85 single caliper models. So I called Spiegler and told them what I needed on a Monday and it was at my door on Thursday and works great. Specs; the total end to end length should be 850 mm, 845 mm would work too. If you need one they call it EL-0850-510-710 Customer Spec, so it has their 510 and 710 fittings. They sell almost the same line for the 86 on models but they have a banjo fitting. I recommend them highly as none of the cycle dealers carried the right part and they were great to work with; it was made to order here in Ohio and the bike is running again. The photo shows the original and new stainless line. Apparently when they get too old they can kink on the inside even if the outside looks okay. The new stainless steel reinforced line is much better and you can buy them in different colors. I was also told that the original line is no longer being made.

R65brakelines.png ( 136 KB | Downloads )
R65brakelines.png

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint