Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Dyno Day. (Read 119 times)
Motu

My Cow is my friend! ;)

Dyno Day.
03/28/17 at 03:34:34
Post Tools
Did a couple of runs on a dyno, one with my 2 into 1 and Supertrapp, and another run with twin megas and no collector box. Confirmed my seat of the pants - the 2 into 1 makes more top end, the twin pipes more mid range. The difference between the twin shock and Mono, is the Mono makes it's maximum torque at 3,500rpm, and pleased to see that is still the case...I was hoping I hadn't lost that.  They also have a torque dip between 4,00o and 5,000rpm...that has shifted to 5,000 to 6,000rpm.

What I didn't expect was to be told it was too rich. He says leaning it out will lift the torque dip and fatten the midrange before it takes off.  Normally you need to go up in mains when fitting a less restrictive exhaust. I could've fiddled all day, but 2 runs was all i could afford and gives me my benchmark.

IP Logged

skippyc

Shouldn't have sold them
old bikes.

Re: Dyno Day.
Reply #1 - 03/28/17 at 17:26:36
Post Tools
That's interesting data.

IP Logged

Motu

My Cow is my friend! ;)

Re: Dyno Day.
Reply #2 - 04/09/17 at 00:48:25
Post Tools
So I fitted some 123 main jets, and dropped the needles a notch.  Running sweets as, power everywhere and the plugs look perfect.  I would need another dyno run to check, but seat of the pants says all good.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint