Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic International Classic Bike Show - Stafford (Read 57 times)
Chris S
God Member

International Classic Bike Show - Stafford
04/23/17 at 01:30:05
Post Tools
Visited the above yesterday with the elderly p/o of my bike as he is restoring a 59 Greeves and had a rather long shopping list.

Billed as one of the biggest shows of its type in Europe, big it certainly was!

Aside from the usual club stands, the show is renowned for a huge number of parts dealers with the opportunity to hunt down that elusive part for your restoration.

Beemers were sadly lacking, plenty of old Brit stuff and endless stalls of Jap parts on offer.

I did meet the guys on the BMW owners stand who gave me some excellent advice on getting my pannier bags to look nice once again.

The key thing was the pricing of everything, some of the stuff on offer was just ridiculous. One dealer had a Suzuki T500 basket case on offer (and I mean basket case) for 1850. It was in shocking condition, I asked the dealer why so expensive and he told me that classic bikes are getting silly money as more and more low level speculators enter the market now that classic cars are getting out of reach of the ordinary man.

A highlight was the p/o of my bike bumped into Sammy Miller who he used to compete with and against in trials back in the day, it was good to listen to those old guys talk bikes for a while.

Motorworks were there, they said they were steady, but it seems Beemers have a way to go to hit the stratospheric heights old Brit and Jap iron have reached.

Good or bad indications for the future?

1981 R65

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint