Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Welcome Back !! (Read 186 times)
Bob_Roller
Global Moderator

GMT -7 Hours

Welcome Back !!
07/15/17 at 21:31:37
Post Tools
Rob Valdez, welcome back after your dramatic departure three years ago !!!!!!!!!!
« Last Edit: 07/16/17 at 10:51:04 by Bob_Roller »  

'81 R65
'82 R65 LS
'84 R65 LS
'87 Moto Guzzi V65 Lario
'02 R1150R
Riding all year long since 1993 .
I'll give up my R65, when they pry my cold dead hands from the handlebars !!!!!

IP Logged

Rob Valdez 79 R65

I Love YaBB 2!

Re: Welcome Back !!
Reply #1 - 07/15/17 at 22:53:50
Post Tools
Thanks.  Depression is a dark shadow.

Doing OK these days.  I am employed by a good employer who does good things, distributes books.  (Hachette Book Group)
I print bulk shipping labels in the computer room for the distribution center.  I have been there since December.
Last year I was laid off in January, and I ended up selling my 2012 Honda CBR250R, because, well, unemployed people don't have motorcycles. 
I was 11 months without a job, although I drove Uber for 3 months.  Great at first, grew weary toward the end.  I am not entrepreneurial enough to make a living at it.

A couple of years ago, I decided to make the plunge and get a nice camera.  It has been a while, and never digital.  So I have a Nikon D5300.  A upper-entry-level amongst their forest of models.  It is fun, but I am no artist, either with the camera or the software.  Especially with the software.

Anyway, the latest Photobucket blowup made me think of all of my posts here with missing pictures, and my library of images on my computer.

I am going to try and go back and replace any posts with missing images, hopefully I can load them onto the forum server so they will not be subject to 3rd party whims.

I don't see a bike in my near future, although I did just get Season 1 of Chips from the library, and it is infectious!

I have a long commute (33 miles), mostly all on the interstate, so I have been practicing hypermiling in my automobile.  It is fun, and with the help of a displayed ETA via Waze navigation app on my phone, as long as I leave when the alarm goes off on my phone, I can just set the cruise control and sit back and wait for the miles to pass.
I am renting a house from my brother & sister-in-law for only $500/month, so I am not really in a hurry to move close to work, although it is in a small town out of the city, and I would like that, better.

I have two cats these days.  My 2002 Honda Civic is in the shop for an alternator.  It's a nice little car, but I can't wait to move up to the next (8th) generation.

I am planning on going to southern Illinois to view the total solar eclipse August 21st.  Cool  As yet undecided whether to bother with photography.
My glasses came today, and it was a clear day, so I decided to try them out looking at the sun.  While the lenses DID block enough of the light that I could look at the sun, the full heat on my face and the unnaturalness of looking at the sun, made me very uncomfortable.

I'm just hoping for good weather, wherever I go.
Or I could stay home and enjoy the 90% we will have here.  But  the 21st is a Monday, and I have Monday and Tuesday off work, in addition to the weekend, so my options are wide open.

IP Logged

Justin B.
YaBB Administrator

I love my Beemers

Reply #2 - 07/15/17 at 23:05:01
Post Tools
Glad to see you landed on your feet, Rob, it sounds like you wound up in a better position all 'round!

My last job I just pissed my manager off to the point where him and a supervisor fabricated an "issue" to fire me over, the TEC agreed it was fishy and I was improperly terminated, so I milked all of the unemployment out of them I could and then retired.  I was thinking about quitting anyway so no biggie...

Justin B.

2004 BMW R1150RT
1981 R100RT - Summer bike, NEKKID!!!
IP Logged

Bob_Roller
Global Moderator

GMT -7 Hours

Reply #3 - 07/16/17 at 10:35:44
Post Tools
Good to hear you got the situation under control .

It was obvious before you left, that something wasn't quite right .

Depression is a deep dark hole that's difficult to get yourself out of .

'81 R65
'82 R65 LS
'84 R65 LS
'87 Moto Guzzi V65 Lario
'02 R1150R
Riding all year long since 1993 .
I'll give up my R65, when they pry my cold dead hands from the handlebars !!!!!

IP Logged

msbuck
God Member

I Love R65s 2!

Reply #4 - 07/17/17 at 17:02:34
Post Tools
Yes, Rob, I was was pleasantly surprised to see some posts pop up with your name! Not that I've been around much either, but glad you felt like you could come back even without a bike.

So sorry the trip to meet up ended up with you getting rid of your Honda. It would have been great to see you again! Cheesy

I've been pondering on all my posts and the photobucket debacle as well. I even had all my special emojis there...

Ada
'84 R65
'98 Laverda Ghost Strike
'06 Lifan LF200-GY
Willow Springs, North Carolina

IP Logged

Rob Valdez 79 R65

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #5 - 07/17/17 at 19:30:19
Post Tools
msbuck wrote on 07/17/17 at 17:02:34:
So sorry the trip to meet up ended up with you getting rid of your Honda.

Oh, that is not what did it. It was being unemployed and having a $2500 asset laying about.

Although I am way too out of shape for trying anymore inter-state travel.

IP Logged

nhmaf
Global Moderator

Free at last, Free at
last!

Reply #6 - 08/05/17 at 10:34:55
Post Tools
It is good to see you back on the forum, Rob.   I thought I was seeing things wrong when I started to see the recent posts - I am glad that you are doing much better now!

I also have stored alot of stuff on photobucket - it is quite aggravating, but I am also going to try to download all the stuff I put there and store it in better places.

Airhead #12178 BMWMOA #123173 BMWRA #33525 GSBMWR #563 1982 BMW R65LS 1978 BMW R100/7 1998 Kawasaki Concours

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint