Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2]  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) Poor mileage since Carb repair? (Read 681 times)
jp9094

I Love YaBB 2!

Re: Poor mileage since Carb repair?
Reply #15 - 05/07/18 at 16:44:19
Post Tools
Just an update. Tony was indeed correct. When I disassembled the butterfly valve it was inserted incorrectly. Unlike other models, there is no dimple to orient you. Mine has the number 15 stamped on it. The number has to be facing inward and at the top.

I took the opportunity to remove the float bowl and it was clean inside. Used a bunch of carb cleaner on all the accessible parts and reassembled with a new gasket. Re-set the idle screw and the idle. Am now getting 160 miles before reserve. Checked the plugs and filter and they are good. In the age of recycling, it is hard to obtain what I need to construct a manometer. Now have what I need, but have to empty the containers first! Am thinking the valves may need adjusting, which I am ready to do as the 12 month service is due (it has been 3000 + ). Will report when I have news.

Regards to all

"It's what you learn, after you know it all, that counts"

IP Logged

Tony Smith
God Member

Graduate, Wallace and
Gromit School of Engineering

Re: Poor mileage since Carb repair?
Reply #16 - 05/07/18 at 18:07:55
Post Tools
I am genuinely glad that you have solved your problem, and that in some small way I assisted.

With respect to the manometer. For many years I have used various home made devices, this Christmas past I weakened and bought a device from Motion Pro. for the $AU100 it cost me it offers no better functionality than the $5 manometer- it's sole advantage is that it is easy to store in that it easily fits in a corner of a drawer in the filing cabinet I keep "special" tools in.

1978 R100RS| 1984 R65 | 1984 XT350 | 1992 KLE500 | 2002 R1150GSA

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Send TopicPrint