Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2]  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) Bar replacement (Read 302 times)
roadkill
YaBB Newbies

I Love YaBB 2!

Re: Bar replacement
Reply #15 - 05/28/18 at 05:27:47
Post Tools
donbmw wrote on 05/26/18 at 19:52:25:
I have a Don Vesco Rapid Transit fairing on my 82R65. I put the sport bars on that came with the fairing I had the same amount of rise as your picture shows and hand no problem installing the dash. Looking at your picture the bar clamps need to be loosened and rotated back. I now have RS bars installed still with the stock dash installed

I fiddled with the bar position, and also moved the hand controls further outboard.  I did get the pad to fit.  Now, the only issue is that it had bar end mirrors, which won't work, since I've move the hand controls out.  So, I'll try to come up with a set of mirrors, and see how things work.  We're getting there. Smiley

Don

IP Logged

donbmw

Reply #16 - 05/28/18 at 09:02:19
Post Tools
I donít see how the bar end mirrors canít be used because of controls. I have seen them used all type of low bars to even clip ones.

Don

1975 R90/6, 1980 R65, 1982 R65, 2015 Ural Patrol & 1959 Triumph TR3
IP Logged

roadkill
YaBB Newbies

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #17 - 05/30/18 at 06:51:23
Post Tools
donbmw wrote on 05/28/18 at 09:02:19:
I donít see how the bar end mirrors canít be used because of controls. I have seen them used all type of low bars to even clip ones.

Don

The flat bars are not very wide, and in order to get the dash pad to fit, the grips and controls had to be slid outward about an inch and a half on each side.  Consequently, the is no "handle bar" under the outer portion of the grips.  The bar end mirrors won't anchor without the handle bar, ie. they won't attach to just the grips.

IP Logged

Barry
God Member

Reply #18 - 05/30/18 at 08:11:35
Post Tools
Those flat bars are the wrong shape rather than being too narrow.  The stock BMW euro bars are narrow but straighter. The pad fits fine although I need to loosen the right hand controls to rotate then up a little to fit the pad and then rotate them down again.  It's worth going to some trouble to make the pad fitting easier as  forcing causes them to split. An intact pad with no splits is going to become a rare and expensive item in the future.

Barry Cheshire, England 79 R45

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Send TopicPrint