Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Not New Zealand (Read 207 times)
tunnelrider

Not New Zealand
03/17/19 at 05:42:36
Post Tools
Hi everyone,
I'd like to say to the people who've heard about the horrific and unbelievable event in my city this weekend I can still scarcely believe it has happened in NZ but will deal with supporting my people, both my old friends and new.
Kia kaha

1985 Black R65  -  1983 Ducati Pantah 500 - 2001 DRZ400 dirt only

IP Logged

suecanada
God Member

Winter time now so we
sleep and dream and plan!!

Re: Not New Zealand
Reply #1 - 03/17/19 at 11:41:44
Post Tools
We can relate here in Canada. This behaviour is just not expected in New Zealand but not one place on earth is immune to hatred and fear leading to violence. We must remain ever vigilant, it is sad to say.

1983 R65LS - LRB still my favourite!  1988 Honda NX250, "Toodles Too" and a Suzuki DR650, "Calypso." All stored in the "Brrrmmm Closet".

IP Logged

tiggum

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #2 - 03/17/19 at 16:36:55
Post Tools
A former American Ambassador to your country, Carole Moseley Braun, said yesterday in a TV interview that because of her time in New Zealand, she had come to view your nation as the closest thing to paradise on earth.  She said further that the event was so UNLIKE the New Zealand that she had come to love, that it was simply "profane".  We are all saddened for New Zealand, but expect that your country will show the world how to deal best with issues like this.

IP Logged

tunnelrider

Reply #3 - 03/18/19 at 01:47:27
Post Tools
suecanada wrote on 03/17/19 at 11:41:44:
We can relate here in Canada. This behaviour is just not expected in New Zealand but not one place on earth is immune to hatred and fear leading to violence. We must remain ever vigilant, it is sad to say.

Thanks Sue and tiggum for your compassionate thoughts, it's painfully obvious to me now that nowhere is immune to these really ignorant acts of hatred that cause hurt beyond comprehension to families and friends of those affected. You're right Sue, we sadly must be vigilant in these times where social media lets people build up ideas and egos with little censorship or retribution.

tiggum, it was really nice of you to post about the tv interview with Carole Moseley Braun and both of your praise of New Zealand makes me feel very humble.  It was a place so removed from the troubles of terrorism I think profane for it to happen here sums it up well.  May we always learn from terrible wrong-doings like this, beat down the fear they cause and pay no tribute to the misguided individuals responsible.
Thanks, Dan

1985 Black R65  -  1983 Ducati Pantah 500 - 2001 DRZ400 dirt only

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint