Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic BMW Newbie (Read 107 times)
Bill O.
YaBB Newbies

I Love YaBB 2!

BMW Newbie
06/23/19 at 22:22:43
Post Tools
Other than Land Rover being owned by BMW when my 2004 Discovery II was built this is my first owning experience with BMW and and happy to have an older real one. My fried John is parting with his 1979 R65 I wanted as partial trade for a outboard motor that he's happy to take off my hands.

I've been riding since the mid '70s beginning with a rather to heavy 1970 Honda CB450 then transitioning to a 1975 HD Super Glide and a 2001 Road King. I'm now excited to get back to a bit smaller and lighter R65 that will suit my present riding wants and needs. 

I'm glad to be here as a member to better learn about my new bike and have a good place to come searching for solutions and part sources during maintenance or when issues arise. I have a pretty good background in mechanics, electrical and troubleshooting having worked in aircraft maintenance for the majority of my work life. I hope to be able to eventually contribute something to our R65 forum. I appreciate all the work and information that's been contributed here by the members over the years. Thanks for allowing me to be a member.

Until later.

1979 R65

IP Logged

ged in oz

I Love YaBB 2!

Re: BMW Newbie
Reply #1 - 06/24/19 at 02:44:33
Post Tools
Hi Bill. Welcome. Iím a newbie too, but these guys here have been fantastic in helping me along my particular journey. Thereís lots of knowledge, skill and experience here and I would have been lost without the input.

The R65 is a great little bike. Iím sure youíll enjoy it. Good luck. Post us up a photo!

IP Logged

Tony Smith
God Member

Graduate, Wallace and
Gromit School of Engineering

Reply #2 - 06/28/19 at 01:49:05
Post Tools
Photos!

It ain't real till you show photos.

Oh, and welcome by the way.

1978 R100RS| 1984 R65 | 1992 KLE500 | 2002 R1150GSA

IP Logged

Adrian

The Old Hairy Biker Sez...

Reply #3 - 06/28/19 at 04:53:01
Post Tools
Hello from Australia & welcome to the family 👋🇦🇺😉

1984 R65 (860)

IP Logged

tiggum

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #4 - 06/28/19 at 07:54:58
Post Tools
WELCOME! from a bit closer to home.  This site is a real asset for learning how to do most everything you'll need to do.  Lots of conversations here, going back several years and covering most everything.  You will no doubt have noticed that your first three new friends are from most of the way around the world; the Aussies contribute BIG TIME to this forum and are without doubt, the most fun to read.  Enjoy the ride!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint